The New Generations Leadership Program provides opportunities for students, who are promising future leaders with a demonstrated interest in public policy and community service, to immerse themselves in intense training in civic participation, and the exigencies of race and democracy in America.
The inaugural Summer Leadership Symposium will provide local community college and university students with a 1-day professional development experience during which they will connect with peers and professions, as the acquire and hone the requisite leadership skills to thrive in college and beyond. The symposium will engage students through dynamic sessions, dialogue and exchange, a keynote address, and other activities designed to provide the knowledge, skills and resources this new generation of torchbearers need to maximize their potential, advance their leadership capacities, and bring about positive social change in their community and the world.
Registration Rate: $100/ASU Students/Alumni; $150/Non-ASU Students
[Includes continental breakfast, lunch, and conference materials.]
- Leadership 101
- Servant-Student Leadership 102
- Civic Activism and Political Awareness
- Screening of the CSRD's "Dear Democracy" short and a roundtable discussion with ASU Faculty, student leaders, and local dignitaries
- Community Outreach Leadership, presented by AMP: ASU Mentoring Program
- Keynote address, Councilman Corey Woods, City of Tempe